WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
3 Day Course starting Sunday 12th July 2020
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The course is also increasingly popular amongst those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way by gaining this internationally recognised qualification. WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Please Note: the deadline for booking your place on this course is Friday 26th June to ensure all students receive their study materials in advance of the start of the course, with time to familiarise themselves with the course specification. Anyone wishing to book any later than this deadline should contact the Wine School before booking to ensure that provision can be made.
Sunday Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run Sunday Courses for those who work through the week and don't wish to use holiday time to attend the course
- Sunday daytimes are convenient for those in the restaurant or bar industry, as you will be finished by 5.30pm at the latest each day and could be available to work through the busy evening service
- For those travelling large distances, it saves money on transport costs compared to evening classes
- This course runs from 10 am to 5 pm on consecutive Sundays: 12/07, 19/07 and 26/07
- The exam will take place at the end of the final session and lasts for 1 hour
- In addition to the 16 hours of teaching time, students are expected to complete around 12 hours of private study in their own time
- A link to the Course Specification will be sent to you before the course, but can also be viewed here if you wish to review it before booking
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of professional ISO tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 40 - 45 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
- Official Certificate and pin for all those who pass
- Study Materials: your full study pack will be posted to you 1-2 weeks before the start of the course. For this reason, the deadline for booking your place on the course is Friday 26th June. Anyone wishing to book after this deadline should call the Wine School in the first instance to see if provision can be made.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Sun 12th Jul 2020 at 10:00
Duration: 3 x 7 hours
Venue: Crowne Plaza, 18 Royal Terrace, Edinburgh, EH7 5AQ
18 Royal Terrace