Edinburgh Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch
Join us on an 'introduction to wine' day from 11.00am to 4.00pm including Champagne on arrival and delicious 2-course lunch in Edinburgh. Our setting will be the beautiful Hotel du Vin in Edinburgh city centre. This wonderful day out can be bought as a Gift Voucher, perhaps for a special birthday or anniversary treat?
- Introduction to the World's major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 1st Sep 2018 at 10:30am - 3:30pm
Duration: 5 Hours
Venue: Hotel du Vin, 11 Bristo Place, EH11EZ