Introduction to Wine Tasting Evening
If you want to get a taste of what we offer at Lothian Wine School in just one evening then join us for an introductory look at the wonderfully diverse and quirky world of wine. It might even start you on a journey of vinious discovery! If you know what you like, but want to understand why - then this evening is for you. We will taste at least six wines from around the world and provide many pointers which will enhance your appreciation of wine.
By the end of the evening you will have learnt:
- How to taste wine like a professional
- How to identify aromas and flavours in wine
- About the influence of climate and weather on wine
- How different components such as acidity and alcohol form the building blocks of wine
- What influence oak and other wine-making techniques have on the wine in your glass
- About the principles of food and wine matching
All tastings include; minimum of 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, full tasting notes, tasting sheet, and use of professional tastings glasses.
This course is perfect for people who are new to wine tasting and just want to learn more in a relaxed environment. This evening makes a great present, ideal for birthdays, and can be bought as an open Gift Voucher. If you would prefer a gift voucher which details this specific tasting, just use the 'Send me a Gift Voucher' option in your confirmation email after you have made your booking.
Places remaining: 14
Course Date/Time: Thu 7th Feb 2019 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 2 Hours
Venue: Crowne Plaza, Royal Terrace, EH7 5AQ