Scottish Food and Wine Matching
On this course we'll match up some of the delicacies from Scotland's world famous larder with some delicious wines from around the globe. We'll see how the complex flavours can complement each other, bringing out the flavours of both. Food and Wine matching is a true gastronomic delight, and we're going to talk through some general principals to give you some really good tips to take away and practice at home.
We'll try at least 6 different food and wine combinations, and whilst these will vary depending on the season, will include some of the following.
- Arbroath Smokie with Sancerre
- Steamed Langoustine with Spanish Albarino
- Lanark blue cheese with Sauternes dessert wine
- Highland Game Terrine with New Zealand Pinot Noir
- Orkney Cheddar with South African Cabernet Sauvignon
- Loch Rannoch smoked duck with Valpolicella
- Loch Fyne oysters with Chablis
- Peat-smoked Salmon with Champagne
This course is a must for lovers of food and wine!
This course would make the perfect gift for the foodie in your life, and like all our courses, is available to book as a gift voucher.
Places remaining: 16
Course Date/Time: Fri 19th Jun 2026 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 2 Hours
Venue: Crowne Plaza, Royal Terrace, EH7 5AQ