8-Week World of Wine Course
Join us on a 2-month jaunt across the globe as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico to Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc as we go. If you want an in-depth, yet broad-based, introduction to the Wonderful World of Wine then this is the course for you! This course makes an ideal present for the budding wine enthusiast in your life and can be purchased as a gift voucher. Simply book your place in the usual way and then click on 'send me a gift voucher' on the confirmation email.
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
By the end of the 8 Evenings :
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess, & taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- During the 8 Evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the world's major wine regions (Tasting 50+ wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some nibbles to help compare food groups with wine are provided
WHEN DOES THE COURSE RUN?
This course runs one evening per week commencing with 'Introduction to Wine Tasting' on 13th June and finishing on the 31st July. Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing 9pm. Tastings are on 8 consecutive Thursday evenings, please see the course outline below for full details. If you can't make all the sessions that's no problem! You can just pick up the missed classes when the course repeats in the new year.
WHERE IS THE COURSE HELD?
Our venue is the stylish Crowne Plaza Hotel on Royal Terrace.
COURSE OUTLINE: WEEK BY WEEK
- Week1: Introduction to Wine Tasting - How to taste wine like a professional, major grape varieties, aroma tests, writing tasting notes
- Week 2: France Part One - Bordeaux and the South, plus how to read French wine labels
- Week 3: Australia, New Zealand and South Africa - Principle wines plus blind tasting and wine brands
- Week 4: France Part Deux - Burgundy, Loire and the Rhone
- Week 5: Spain, Italy and Portugal - Classic wines and styles, plus how to pair wines with food
- Week 6: The Americas: USA, Chile and Argentina - Major wine styles & the 'Sideways' effect, and the importance of climate
- Week 7: Germany, Austria, Alsace and UK - Plus storing/serving wine and common wine faults
- Week 8: Champagne and Sparkling Wine
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Thu 13th Jun 2019 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 8 Weeks x 2 Hours
Venue: Crowne Plaza, Royal Terrace, EH7 5AQ