8-Week World of Wine Course
Join us on a 2-month jaunt across the globe as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico to Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc as we go. If you want an in-depth, yet broad-based, introduction to the Wonderful World of Wine then this is the course for you! This course makes an ideal present for the budding wine enthusiast in your life and can be purchased as a gift voucher, or for the ultimate gift that includes the £10 per evening fee, click here. Simply book your place in the usual way and then click on 'send me a gift voucher' on the confirmation email.
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
By the end of the 8 Evenings :
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess, & taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- During the 8 Evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the world's major wine regions (Tasting 50+ wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some nibbles to help compare food groups with wine are provided
Please Note: The full Course Fee is £175. As a way of spreading out the cost we ask for a £95 initial payment, followed by £10 payable in cash each evening. If you'd like to pay the full course fee in one go then please contact us.
WHEN DOES THE COURSE RUN?
This course runs one evening per week commencing with 'Introduction to Wine Tasting' on Weds 17th October and finishing on the 14th Dec. Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing 9pm. Tastings are usually on a Wednesday evening, except for two sessions; one on 8th November, and one on 14th December. There is no session on the 5th December. Please see the course outline below for full details. If you can't make all the sessions that's no problem! You can just pick up the missed classes when the course repeats in the new year.
WHERE IS THE COURSE HELD?
Our venue is the stylish Crowne Plaza Hotel on Royal Terrace.
COURSE OUTLINE: WEEK BY WEEK
- Weds 17/10: Introduction to Wine Tasting - How to taste wine like a professional, major grape varieties, aroma tests, writing tasting notes
- Weds 24/10: France Part One - Bordeaux and the South, plus how to read French wine labels
- Weds 31/10: Australia, New Zealand and South Africa - Principle wines plus blind tasting and wine brands
- Thurs 08/11: France Part Deux - Burgundy, Loire and the Rhone
- Weds 14/11: Spain, Italy and Portugal - Classic wines and styles, plus how to pair wines with food
- Weds 21/11: The Americas: USA, Chile and Argentina - Major wine styles & the 'Sideways' effect, and the importance of climate
- Weds 28/11: Germany, Austria, Alsace and UK - Plus storing/serving wine and common wine faults
- Fri 14/12: Champagne and Sparkling Wine
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Wed 17th Oct 2018 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 8 Weeks x 2 Hours
Venue: Crowne Plaza, Royal Terrace, EH7 5AQ